- Santa Rosa de Copan to La Esperanza
- Old road between La Esperanza and Marcala
- The trail through Parque Nacional La Tigra
Checklist For Next Time
- I was having some trouble with my wheels in Honduras, and didn’t want to risk getting stranded on a multi-day off-road detour. Consequently, we missed out on some more adventurous backroads between Cucuyagua–Corquin–Belen Gualcho-Gracias as described in Ian Bedford’s Cycle Central America and field tested by Bicycle Nomad.
- We missed out on the Bay Islands, because we decided against the out and back nature of the route and the cost of the boat rides.
Areas to Avoid
San Pedro Sula and Tegucigulpa can be dangerous cities if you find yourself in the wrong part of town at the wrong time. Talk to the locals and be aware!