Note the gap between Mataquescuintla and Jalapa where we took a bus after I broke my seat post. The obvious choice there is Carretera 18.Guatemala Route (direct link)
- Crossing The Guatemalan Border On Dirt – from Lago Tziscao near Gracias A Dios border crossing down to Nenton
- Climbing 4500m In Los Cuchumatanes – starting from Nentón – San Miguel Acatan – San Rafael Independencia – San Juan Ixtapa – Huehuetenango
- The Road To Lake Atitlan – Totonicapán up to ‘Alaska’ mirador down to San Pedro de la Laguna
- The climb out of Lago Atitlán is also very beautiful
- Mountain Biking Around La Antigua – Lots of trails here!
- Palín – San Vicente Pacaya – Laguna de Calderas – Lago Amatitlán is a good climb and decent with nice views
- The dirt road between San Jose Pinula – Mataquescuintla is a nice ride