Costa Rica Route (direct link)
- Bahia de Salinas and Bahia Junquillal
- Dirt roads around Rincon de La Vieja
- Dirt roads above Lago Arenal
- Climb from La Fortuna to San Ramon
Places To Avoid
- We found the Pan-American Highway busy and boring in Costa Rica. It’s not difficult to avoid it, but it does make the route longer in an expensive country.
- We were told that the main highway from Siquirres to Limón is busy and not particularly interesting. We skipped it by taking a direct bus from San Jose to Puerto Viejo.